Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 2 in Washington, D.C.!

Today was phenomenal!! We ate breakfast at the ESPN Zone where I got to meet none other than Miss America, who performed for us and the country singer Mark Wills, who promised me that he would ride rides with me in Orlando at Disney!! At the ESPN Zone we also got another HUGE surprise! The Mascot Screech from the Washington Nationals Baseball Team gave us all free tickets to see the Washington Nationals ballgame when they play the Pittsburgh Pirates on Wednesday. We also will get to meet David Archuleta from American Idol. We got a bus tour of the city and got to see the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials. After that, we learned a bus song, so that we can compete with the other buses. Then we went to the Smithsonian. I went to the Natural History Museum where I felt of different rocks, minerals, animal models, gems, and jewels. After we came back to the hotel we went swimming where I met up with other champions. This has been such an exciting day!! Everyone has been so wonderful to us!



Lindsey with country singer Mark Wills!

No comments:

Post a Comment